This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox and multiple trees...

I want to make sure that I haven't messed anything up in setting up Dropbox and Reunion 11... I don't want to find out in a couple of months that I did something wrong and my setup is wrong!

I have Dropbox with my various trees in it (see screenshot). These trees are not in Documents or anywhere else on my computer-just Dropbox. Is this how it's meant to be? Should they all be in one Reunion folder in Dropbox plus the Reunion Picture folder?

I made alias of each tree and those are in my Dock. Is that ok?

Note: I have various trees so that I can work on cleaning up a smaller, condensed version of the big tree. Instead of having over 15,000 people, some very distantly related, I can work on a tree that contains just my direct ancestors and 1st cousins. This is working for me.
    Attached Files
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Re: Dropbox and multiple trees...

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
    ...I have Dropbox with my various trees in it... These trees are not in Documents or anywhere else on my computer-just Dropbox. Is this how it's meant to be?
    Yes, if you intend to share the family files with devices.

Should they all be in one Reunion folder in Dropbox
    It doesn't matter; but it's probably easier for you if they're organized in one folder.

... plus the Reunion Picture folder?
    It's OK to put your Reunion pictures folder in Dropbox. But it's not necessary if you only plan to share your family file with other devices. On the other hand, if you intend to use your family file with multiple Macs, then you'd probably want the pictures in Dropbox.

I made alias of each tree and those are in my Dock. Is that ok?
    Yes.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Dropbox and multiple trees...

Thank you, Frank Leister, for getting back to me and affirming that I have set it up right!!!
      2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Comment

Working...
      X