This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing Manual as PDF?

After reading a thread here, I realized that I could "print" a section of the manual as a PDF.

I did that today on my MacBook Pro for a section on Sources. I then emailed it to myself, opened the Mail on my iPad, and opened the PDF in my Kindle app.

Worked great for those three pages, but can I do that for a larger selection, or even the whole manual? My iPad is my preferred reading choice.

Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve K; 09 June 2015, 03:54 PM.
    Steve Kunnmann
    Midlothian, VA

(Kunnmann, Basso, Hoffman, Lutz, Denton, Koster, Canning, Schineller)

Re: Printing Manual as PDF?

Originally posted by Steve K View Post
    ...can I do that for a larger selection, or even the whole manual?...
    Any chapter can be printed as a PDF, but not the whole manual.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Having 'printed' the Chapters as individual PDFs you could, of course, then join them all together into a single PDF using the Preview app.

Mervyn

Comment

Originally posted by mjashby View Post
        Having 'printed' the Chapters as individual PDFs you could, of course, then join them all together into a single PDF using the Preview app.

Mervyn
        I think the problem with printing the whole manual would be all the internal "links". Yes, PDF's can have active links. However, I don't know enough about PDFs to know if all the internal links would work if you did separate PDFs of Chapters and then put them together.

In the other thread, I mentioned just printing out the section on BOOKS (or anything I want to study closer). When I come to a "link", if I want to go there, I have to pull up the online manual in Reunion. No problem. Just makes me pay closer attention.

I really like having the full manual right in Reunion. It's there when I need it. I don't have to go somewhere else to find the answer. The manual format is the best I've seen for a software program!

Thanks, Leister team!
        Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post

I really like having the full manual right in Reunion. It's there when I need it. I don't have to go somewhere else to find the answer. The manual format is the best I've seen for a software program!

Thanks, Leister team!
          Kaye
          Kaye, I agree with your comment, and now accept the answer. From my view, I am glad it is there when at my computer. As a new learner, I would have liked it on my iPad to read at night in bed, or on the deck relaxing etc.

Thanks to all for the responses.
          Steve Kunnmann
          Midlothian, VA

(Kunnmann, Basso, Hoffman, Lutz, Denton, Koster, Canning, Schineller)

Comment

Working...
          X