X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy events?

Hi,

Is it possible to copy an event between people in Reunion?

I have a family with 8 children. All are present in the 1861 census.

I created an event (Census) for the first child, along with a source, and would like to avoid having to type in the event another 9 times (incl parents), especially as they all appear in other censuses.

Thanks

Darren.

Re: Copy events?

Originally posted by Darren Wheatley View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to copy an event between people in Reunion?

I have a family with 8 children. All are present in the 1861 census.

I created an event (Census) for the first child, along with a source, and would like to avoid having to type in the event another 9 times (incl parents), especially as they all appear in other censuses.

Thanks

Darren.
    Yep. I do it all the time. Click on the word Census under "Type" to highlight the whole event line (it also picks up all the Source Citations connected to the event but doesn't show them highlighted). Do Command C to copy. Go to the next person. Click on the event just above where you want the new event to go. Do Command V and it should paste everything. You continue to paste (Command V) for each person.

Be careful that you don't copy something else before you've finished pasting. The air gets a little "blue" sometimes, when I do that.

If this is confusing, search for "paste event" (without the quotes) in the manual.

The other thing I do is set up the copy part using whomever is the "Head of household". However, I don't put anything in the Memo section until after I do the "copy" part. That way, it's easy to fill in the memo section for each individual as that is where I put their name as on the census, their age, and anything else I want to add. I've added a screenshot to show what I mean.

Hope this helps,
    Kaye
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 09 June 2015, 04:25 AM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Hi,

That's great, thanks for taking the time to post a detailed reply.

Kind regards

Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Wheatley View Post
        Hi,

That's great, thanks for taking the time to post a detailed reply.

Kind regards

Darren.
        You're welcome. Sometimes I get into too much detail! That's why I try to refer to the manual. I was soooo happy when I learned the copy & paste! Once you get the rhythm of it, it goes very fast. Mary & her husband had 9 kids (actually more than 9 but some died sometime between censuses and I haven't found them yet) so, I know what you're talking about!

Nite,
        Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
        X