This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox, family file location

Do I need to edit my database inside of Dropbox? I would rather have my file on my computer.

Re: Dropbox

Originally posted by Sharon Gillis View Post
    Do I need to edit my database inside of Dropbox? I would rather have my file on my computer.
    Your database will still be on your computer, in the DropBox Folder. It gets synced to DropBox.

Mervyn

Comment

Re: Dropbox

When you install Dropbox, it will create a Dropbox folder in your Home folder on your computer. When you put your family file into this folder, your family file stays on your computer.

The Dropbox application copies this file to its servers somewhere (referred to as the cloud because it doesn't matter where they are) and this copy is used to help synchronize with your mobile devices.

When you edit your family file with Reunion 11 on your computer, it only changes the family file in the Home/Dropbox folder on your computer. The Dropbox application will then synch these changes to its copy in the cloud.

Likewise, it will synch changes from other devices sharing your file to the family file on your computer.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
      X