This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book - marked descendants

As the owner of my Reunion database, I am the only family privileged to have my pets included as "children" (they *are* flagged with "family pets" child status). This is mostly since I am also childless.

When creating a book from my own parents, my pets are in the 3rd generation. I tried to exclude the pets by marking everybody, and then manually un-marking the pets. Then I created the book with "marked descendants only". The pets were included anyway (and I'm not sure the rest of the family cares about them as much as I do!).

Does "marked descendants only" only apply to marks in the 2nd generation? My 3rd generation "children" were un-marked but I couldn't make them not appear. Any ideas?

Re: Book - marked descendants

Originally posted by baddorfdeb View Post
    Does "marked descendants only" only apply to marks in the 2nd generation? My 3rd generation "children" were un-marked but I couldn't make them not appear. Any ideas?
    I don't know what's going on with that, but a workaround would be to drag the kittens to the clipboard, create the book, and then drag them back.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      I don't know what's going on with that, but a workaround would be to drag the kittens to the clipboard, create the book, and then drag them back.
      Nevermind -- I do see *some* difference in the report. The pets are still listed as my kids, but they are not NUMBERED, and they do not get a separate breakout (and thus a whole page with a repeat of their photos) in the Generation Three section. They still have pictures when listed as my kids in MY listing in Generation Two, and in the media section. But it saves one mention of them, in Generation Three. That's some savings, at any rate. It saves a whole page (or more) in the Generation Three section.

You're right, if I want them totally removed, I could move them to the clipboard, or play around with the privacy settings. There is another tick box to "ignore privacy" settings. I've not tried that. I'm not sure if you can ignore a whole "person" with privacy settings, tho. Perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by baddorfdeb View Post
        I do see *some* difference in the report. The pets are still listed as my kids, but they are not NUMBERED, and they do not get a separate breakout (and thus a whole page with a repeat of their photos) in the Generation Three section.
        In Register format it's pretty much standard practice to not number people that don't have descendants. But some people do prefer to number all descendants. If you wanted to number all descendants, you can set that as an option in the register report layout (by checking "Number people without children"). You can find the pertinent section of the manual by searching for "number people without children". It doesn't seem like you'd want to do this in this case, but you might in others.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X