This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag/Drop data?

Is it possible to drag/drop data from one Reunion 11 file to another? For example an individual, or perhaps some aspect (say a name or an event)?

Re: Drag/Drop data?

You can't drag people or events from one family file to another.

But you can drag text, sources, or family views from one family file to another.

More info is in the manual. Search for: drag drop
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I think this is along the same line of questioning. If not, forgive me. I do not mean to high-jack your question.
      I just got a file from a relative that is Reunion 10 and a very full branch of the family tree. At least 1 relative is on my tree. My tree is Reunion 11. I can download their file and it converts, I assume to Reunion 11. It sits as a document in my Reunion info in my Finder, separate from my document.
      How can I link their information or load their information into my file?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mom Cargill View Post
        ...I just got a file from a relative that is Reunion 10 and a very full branch of the family tree. At least 1 relative is on my tree. My tree is Reunion 11. I can download their file and it converts, I assume to Reunion 11. It sits as a document in my Reunion info in my Finder, separate from my document.
        How can I link their information or load their information into my file?
        First, Quit Reunion and make a backup copy of your current family file.
        Next, in Reunion 11, open your family file and choose File > Import > Reunion Family File. Then select the relatives family.
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

This worked.....so easy. Sincere thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            You can't drag people or events from one family file to another.

But you can drag text, sources, or family views from one family file to another.

More info is in the manual. Search for: drag drop
            Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X