X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about merging

I merged two gedcom files into one.

Before I did, I made sure there were no duplicate entries.

That left Father and his ancestors in one file, mother in another.

Now . . . where I may have goofed was that I left a daughter (our grandmother) with Mom, and deleted her from Dad's file.

After the merge, I recreated the marriage.

I now have Great Grandfather married to Great Grandmother twice. Once with 10 Uncles and Aunts, and a second marriage with Grandma.

How do I merge these two so there is one marriage with 11 children?

Re: Question about merging

Originally posted by ksajdak View Post
    I merged two gedcom files into one.

I now have Great Grandfather married to Great Grandmother twice. Once with 10 Uncles and Aunts, and a second marriage with Grandma.

How do I merge these two so there is one marriage with 11 children?
    I've been merging like crazy with this as a new user I find the clipboard amazing... drag your duplicate to the clipboard go to the other person and drag the duplicate on top of them it will ask you if you want to create another marriage or merge it.

If there are no children involved just go to the file and delete and delete the family unit the other family will be in place.

I hope this helps I'm pretty new but finding reunion to be the easiest software to rearrange families I have ever used.

Allen

Comment

Let me clarify.

I don't have the individuals twice, but they are linked twice as spouses.

Comment

Originally posted by ksajdak View Post
        I don't have the individuals twice, but they are linked twice as spouses.
        *IF* the problem is just that they have two marriages instead of one (and there's nothing about the second marriage that needs to be saved), you just drag the second marriage field to the clipboard and empty it. That will leave you with only one marriage between the two people.

You can also choose File -> Delete -> This Family Record from the menu with the "second" marriage, the one you want to eliminate, showing.

If, on the other hand, there were some children in each marriage, you would move them all to the first one before eliminating the second.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          *IF* the problem is just that they have two marriages instead of one (and there's nothing about the second marriage that needs to be saved), you just drag the second marriage field to the clipboard and empty it. That will leave you with only one marriage between the two people.

You can also choose File -> Delete -> This Family Record from the menu with the "second" marriage, the one you want to eliminate, showing.

If, on the other hand, there were some children in each marriage, you would move them all to the first one before eliminating the second.
          That did it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X