This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing Reset

On my computer, my family file opens and the DropBox icon indicates synching as I would expect. However, when I go to Sharing Status under File, it indicates that the file is not being shared. I checked the manual and it suggests an occasional Sharing Reset and states that there is a Reset button under Sharing Status, but I have no such button. On my mobile device (iPad) it is indicated that sharing is "Suspended". Can someone help me resolve this and restore the sharing; again, synching seems to be going on, sharing is the problem.
    Daryl W. Gordon
    The Gordon Company
    Researching Gordon, McCloud, Oxley, Weaver, Hague

Re: Sharing Reset

No clue what happened, but everything suddenly was okay. Some sort of glitch was causing both devices to indicate that the file was not being shared. Repeatedly alternated between launching and closing on both devices and after about the third time, back to sharing.
    Daryl W. Gordon
    The Gordon Company
    Researching Gordon, McCloud, Oxley, Weaver, Hague

Comment

Re: Sharing Reset

Originally posted by Daryl W. Gordon View Post
      On my computer, my family file opens and the DropBox icon indicates synching as I would expect. However, when I go to Sharing Status under File, it indicates that the file is not being shared. I checked the manual and it suggests an occasional Sharing Reset and states that there is a Reset button under Sharing Status, but I have no such button. On my mobile device (iPad) it is indicated that sharing is "Suspended". Can someone help me resolve this and restore the sharing; again, synching seems to be going on, sharing is the problem.
      Maddening -- this is happening to me, but opening and closing the files on the computer, iPad, and iPhone aren't having an effect. I double checked by looking at the cemetery info I added on the computer yesterday for a relative, and it's not showing up on the iDevices.

ReunionTouch says "Sharing is suspended" for this file. Under "sharing status" on the iPhone it seems to be saying the info was last shared on May 11th.

Comment

Working...
      X