This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart List

HELP! I decided to try this after the past several threads that talk about the Smart Lists. Decided it wasn't for me. Went to preferences and tried to cancel/delete. It looked to be deleted in preferences but when I looked at the Family Views, the lists were still showing. When I went back to preferences, they still look gone and there is no way to cancel/delete.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Re: Smart List

Kaye-
    I just tried adding, and then removing, a smart list using the Sample Family file and had no problem doing this.

In fact you should see the changes happen instantly in the displayed Family View even while the Family View Preferences window is still open, giving you positive feedback that the smart list was added/removed.

Are you looking at the same view in Preferences that you have open for your family view? Then when you attempted to remove the smart list did you first select the empty area you initially created for your smart list and then click the “remove field” button?
    Byron Spoon

Comment

Re: Smart List

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
      Kaye-
      <snip>
      Then when you attempted to remove the smart list did you first select the empty area you initially created for your smart list and then click the “remove field” button?
      Did all except the last! Guess I expected there to be something there that would tell me "here is where the Smart List info is". Once I clicked on the space under the "Changed:..." info & clicked on "remove field", they were all gone!

Thanks so much, Byron!🎉
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
      X