This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multimedia documents

I often make of pdf copy of a birth record and add it as a multimedia item to the person. Is there a way to make pdfs default to "document" rather than "preferred picture" when I add them? I could not find this as an option anywhere. If memory serves me correctly version 10 did work this way.

Thanks,

Re: Multimedia documents

Just a thought . . . I'm new to genealogy and Reunion, so maybe this isn't the best method, but it seems to work for me.

Rather than adding a multimedia item to a Person, why not add it to an Event for that Person?

When defining a Source for an Event (birth, death, baptism, etc.), I add a pdf of the official document as a multimedia item. This has an advantage for me in that I can identify the same Source for various facts (i.e. the parents' places of birth from their child's birth certificate) without adding multiple copies of the same document.

Joe

Comment

Re: Multimedia documents

For the most part, I do as Joe suggests, but on occasion I will add a document to a person's multimedia, especially if it's a particularly interesting document that I'd like the most direct access to.

It doesn't bother me to have the document as the preferred picture, but you can double click on the thumbnail in the multimedia sidebar to open it in the Multimedia Window, and there's a checkbox to "treat as document." This will remove it from the person button and from slideshows as well.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
      X