This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sources not always dragging over to field

I have noticed erratic behavior in trying to drag a source item form the source list, to place it with a data field (i.e., birth, residence, person name panel, etc). Most of the time, it works fine.

But occasionally, I drag the source item to the field source line, I get the drag animation, and then it immediately pops back to the source list, without actually placing the source item with the field. I repeat this several times, and it does the same thing. The only way to get this behavior to stop is to close the data field (i.e. return to the family display) and re-enter the data field edit pane. Then, if I drag the source item, it works fine.

Odd...
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Re: Sources not always dragging over to field

Follow-up on this issue. I realized just now that this "no drag" behavior occurred when I dragged the desired source from the stand-alone source list window, not the right side panel of the main window. The latter worked fine every time.
    Mike Phelps
    Goodyear, AZ
    Researching: PHELPS, WATKINS, SPENCER, ALSFASSER, WEMHOENER, BLANCHARD, MARQUETTE, CHAVEZ, VALENZUELA

Comment

Follow-up to the follow-up: The behavior of not letting me drag sources from the separate source window is true, but only for adding a source to an event or fact. It works fine for dragging a source to the source list on the name tab. Very odd behavior, indeed!
      Mike Phelps
      Goodyear, AZ

Comment

I think the problem you're describing was addressed in maintenance update 11.0.3 (finished today). The problem happened when sources were dragged to events or facts fields (in Edit Person/Family) while the field was being edited (that is, while the cursor was blinking in the open field).
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Frank!!
          Mike Phelps
          Goodyear, AZ

Comment

Working...
          X