This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to remove a name from the index?

Arising from the “islands”in R.11, I came across a female in my index who has no spouse(s), parents, siblings etc. and is not connected or linked to my family.

If I click on her name it defaults back to my own family card and I’ve noticed that all my multimedia items have disappeared. By going to either my mother of father’s cards and then back to me, all my multimedia returns.

The annoying thing is that I cannot drag her name from the index to the clipboard to remove her completely, so does anyone know what is going on and how to get rid of her name?
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Re: how to remove a name from the index?

If you click a person in the People sidebar and somebody else appears in the family view, then the family file may have some internal problem and you can send it to us for evaluation and repair.

To answer your other question: You can't drag a person from the People sidebar into the Clipboard.
    To delete a person who is selected in the People list, the correct procedure is to...
    1. Select him or her in the People list.
    2. Choose File > Delete > Selected Person.
    Having explained that, I would still recommend (in your case) sending us the family file to make sure there's no other issue.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the tip, I was able to remove the person as per your direction and initially going to my home card the m/m is not shown. Go to my father and then return to me the m/m is available.

Now the person is gone, it now appears to be OK.

However, I will forward my f/f to you but, compressing the file in the Dropbox folder, to a zip it still comes to 928mb in size. Can you give me some instructions on how to get the f/f to you please.

Alan
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Hi Mark,

Have sent you my F/f via Dropbox.

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X