This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pages app

Please forgive me if I don't have all my facts straight, but....
    I recall reading on this forum some time back that Reunion 10 had issues with using Apple's Pages word processor for making reports under the Mavericks or Yosemite versions of OS-X. So I've stayed with Snow Leopard. Now I want to upgrade my
    five year old machine to Yosemite, which I believe is the latest version of OSX. So my question: Is Reunion 11 fully compatible with Yosemite? That is, will it run and have everything work, including making reports with Pages on Yosemite?

Re: Reunion 11 and Mavericks or Yosemite

You still cannot use the new Pages. If you still have the old version of Pages you can use that. Just go to Reunion Preferences; select reports and click Other.
    Terry

Comment

Re: Reunion 11 and Mavericks or Yosemite

The FAQ item is here...

Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Re: Pages

Originally posted by John Bayle View Post
        ...So my question: Is Reunion 11 fully compatible with Yosemite? That is, will it run and have everything work, including making reports with Pages on Yosemite?
        I'm on Yosemite and still have my reports pointing to my old Pages app which was put into an iWorks folder in Applications when the new Pages was added to my computer. I have had no problems with using the old Pages.

However, once you save a file in the old Pages, and click on it to open it again, you'll get a dialog about saving it to the new Pages. I get around this by 1) making sure my old Pages app is open and the new Pages app is not open, and, then, 2) dragging the old Pages file to the old Pages icon in my Dock.

As I don't have MS Office/Work and don't intend giving them my money, LOL, I've decided to experiment with having my reports go to the free LibreOffice app when I know I'll want to add things that I can't add in Pages, such as a Table of Contents or Index. Still learning LibreOffice so can't really say yet how it's working. I know others here in the forum use LibreOffice, OpenOffice & some other word processors who can probably chime in here.

Hope this is helpful,
        Kaye
        Last edited by kmgenealogy; 25 April 2015, 11:42 PM.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          ..........I get around this by 1) making sure my old Pages app is open and the new Pages app is not open, and, then, 2) dragging the old Pages file to the old Pages icon in my Dock.........
          Kaye: You are working too hard. Right or control click on the old file's icon then choose Open With from the popup dialog. The primary choice will be the current version but if you look further down, you will see the old version of Pages sitting there for you to choose.
          Attached Files
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Kaye: You are working too hard. Right or control click on the old file's icon then choose Open With from the popup dialog. The primary choice will be the current version but if you look further down, you will see the old version of Pages sitting there for you to choose.
            Wow, Bob! Thanks for the info. I do tend to get hung up in the details!
            Kaye Mushalik
            -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
            -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
            -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
            X