This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 9 and Reunion 11

I have 9.0c on my MacBook Air (10.8.5). I bought 10 on CD, but did not install it as at that time I only had a Mac iBook G4(10.3.9) and when I got my new Mac, I forgot about the 10 CD and just transferred over the 9.0c.

Now if I instal the 11 on my MacBook Air will I be able to go back to 9.0c if I don't like the 11 as well as the 9.0c? How would I do that?

Sheila

Re: Reunion 9 and Reunion 11

Originally posted by Sheila Kronenberger View Post
    Now if I instal the 11 on my MacBook Air will I be able to go back to 9.0c if I don't like the 11 as well as the 9.0c? How would I do that?
    Installing R11 won't remove any files that are already on your MacBook Air. If you want to run R9, you should still be able to. If R10 were installed, you could also run that.

But each version will work only on files updated to work with it.

When you update to R11, a new version of your family file compatible with R11 will be created, and the old version, compatible with R9, will be left alone.

Any changes you make in your R9 file could easily be brought forward by reconverting the R9 file. But you will not be able to *easily* bring changes made in R11 back to R9.

So if you were to install both R9 and R11, you would open the R9 family file in R9 by clicking on it; you'd open the R11 family file in R11 by clicking on it.

But I don't think you'll want to go back to R9 once you get used to R11, which has added a lot of useful features.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Reunion 9 and Reunion 11

Originally posted by Sheila Kronenberger View Post
      Sheila, I much preferred the Reunion 9 interface so after fooling with Reunion 10 for a week I went back to 9. No problem at all. When 11 came out I converted R 9 to R 10 to R 11, all the same day and have run all three at different times to see where problems are as I correct the "islands" problems I had with R 11, which turned out to be from R 9.

Dennis is absolutely correct you can go back. BUT, do not make changes in your R 11 file and expect them to show up in your R 9 file, they won't.
      David Condit
      www.condit-family.com

Comment

Working...
      X