This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reunion Manual

In most cases, I'm very pleased with the digital Reunion Manual. Active links are so useful!

However...sometimes one needs a printed page or two. When I am learning something completely new, I really like having the instructions printed and right in front of me so I can flip back and forth, highlight, write notes on the page, etc. Just call me "old-fashioned"; that's the way I am.

One wonderful thing you can do with the Reunion Manual is print sections! For instance, I went to the section called "Book" and printed the whole section. Well, I saved the section as a PDF first and then printed it. It was 28 pages. So, when I used the two-sided option for my printer, I ended up printing 14 pages.

I also printed the "Contents" page. These all went into a small (1") binder. On the "Contents" page, I put a check mark next to "Book" so I would know I had printed that section.

There is no way that I would want to print the whole manual! Just think of the hundreds of pages this would be! However, in my opinion, printing a section about something I really want to learn and do well, is worth a few pages.

Hope this is helpful,
    Kaye
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 24 April 2015, 03:18 PM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Re: The Reunion Manual

Kaye,
    Yes, I agree. Easier to review (AND to read) when the information is on paper!
    Having some sections which I use for a refresher in a small binder is VERY helpful.
    Thanks for bringing this up,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

MY problem is that the manual is blank.I can open it by clicking as supposed to, but the pages are blank.
      Anyone knows how I can obtain one? Seems a waste of money to have bought Reunion 11 and not be able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas A View Post
        MY problem is that the manual is blank. I can open it by clicking as supposed to, but the pages are blank. Anyone knows how I can obtain one? Seems a waste of money to have bought Reunion 11 and not be able to use it.
        If you're seeing a "blank" manual, then something is obviously wrong in your case. I hope you don't think we'd sell a software app with a "blank" manual.

Where is the Reunion 11 app located? If it's not in the Applications folder, move it there.

Have you tried re-downloading and re-installing Reunion 11?
        Frank Leister
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          If you're seeing a "blank" manual, then something is obviously wrong in your case. I hope you don't think we'd sell a software app with a "blank" manual.

Where is the Reunion 11 app located? If it's not in the Applications folder, move it there.

Have you tried re-downloading and re-installing Reunion 11?
          I re-downloaded v 11.0, and then upgraded to 11.0.2 and now it works.
          Phew - feels good that I don't have to switch from Reunion after all these years.

Comment

Working...
          X