X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Reports & CSS Control?

Hi,

Reunion 11 is an unexpected surprise for me as I just stopped by to "see what's new". I just finished watching the top 11 new things video and this upgrade sure looks like a big deal to me! Without any doubt I'll be purchasing this new release sometime before the end of this coming weekend, but I can't wait that long to ask this question:

In the transition from Reunion 9 to Reunion 10, it seemed that the user control of CSS changed, and with 10 it seemed a bit more difficult to customize the appearance of web pages in such a way that the "home page" and "person or family page" might look dramatically different from one another.

What kinds of options are available for users of Reunion 11 for exporting or creating "Web Family Cards"?

Best Regards,

Patrick

Re: Web Reports & CSS Control?

Hi Patrick,

Reunion 11 doesn't include any changes in this area.

However. I'm not sure what changes in Reunion 10 made you feel it was more difficult to change the appearance of web pages. I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi...

OK, but it will take me a while to write it out and I am busy working through Saturday, so I'm going to shoot for Sunday.

I remember asking questions here about CSS control sometime after the appearance of 10. There was a "white paper" or "handbook" available to Reunion users to download about CSS control with version 9, and as I recall when I asked about it for version 10, the reply was that there was not enough demand for that and the work on that paper was stopped with version 10. It's been a long time....I'll have to dig it up. Perhaps it is available to you there if there are archives.

Now that I am trying to remember this....I recall a woman who had spent a lot of time developing the CSS for her Reunion site asking the same questions I had asked, and after some very interesting online discussion here she decided to use both 9 and 10 together to publish her site, which is what I did for awhile.

So … I'll see what I can find, but the information might be there in the Reunion archives, if archives exist (I really don't know).

Patrick
      Last edited by Patrick923; 23 April 2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick923 View Post
        I remember asking questions here about CSS control sometime after the appearance of 10. There was a "white paper" or "handbook" available to Reunion users to download about CSS control with version 9, and as I recall when I asked about it for version 10, the reply was that there was not enough demand for that and the work on that paper was stopped with version 10.
        If I'm recalling the right conversation, I believe what I said at the time was not that work on that paper stopped but that it wasn't ready yet, and it wasn't a high priority due to low demand for that information.

That doesn't mean that the CSS can't be customized, but it may take a little work to understand what all the different CSS classes and id's in the stylesheets control.
        Mark Harrison

Comment

Sorry not to be clued up - CSS ??
          Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

Cascading Style Sheets, it's what's used to style websites.
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
            X