This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 11

Just installed Reunion 11. I am really impressed. I was having multimedia problems when I installed Photo, but they have all disappeared. The Book option is great!. The Islands option has uncovered several unconnected people. I guess that will take some digging. Good work!
    Terry

Re: Reunion 11

Originally posted by Terry Medlar View Post
    Just installed Reunion 11. I am really impressed. I was having multimedia problems when I installed Photo, but they have all disappeared. The Book option is great!. The Islands option has uncovered several unconnected people. I guess that will take some digging. Good work!
    I'm curious about this, can you expand on what multimedia problems you were having with Photos? I have delayed upgrading to Mac OS X 10.10.3 and one of the big reasons was being uncertain of the change from iPhoto to Photos.

(I have never linked photos from iPhoto to Reunion 10, just because I know how Apple can make major app changes that ruin existing setups. I have always exported photos from iPhoto to a Pictures folder in my Genealogy folder, and linked from there to Reunion 10.)

Perhaps this will now be the time to make the move to Mac OS X 10.10.3 and upgrade to Reunion 11. I will say the new features presented in the video look very inviting!
    John Bastin
    jbastin1@me.com
    Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
    Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by jbastin View Post
      ...can you expand on what multimedia problems you were having with Photos?
      Reunion 11 will accept images dragged from Apple's new Photos app, Reunion 10 does not.
      I have always exported photos from iPhoto to a Pictures folder in my Genealogy folder, and linked from there to Reunion 10.
      Reunion 11 will do this for you. Images dragged from the new Photos app into Reunion 11 will be copied into your "Imported Media" folder and then linked to your family data.

For more information on how to use the new Photos app with Reunion and how to customize your Imported Media folder, search the Reunion 11 manual for either "photos app" or "imported media folder".
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Reunion 11 will do this for you. Images dragged from the new Photos app into Reunion 11 will be copied into your "Imported Media" folder and then linked to your family data.
        Now that I have Mac OS X 10.10.3 with Photos, and Reunion 11, I decided to try this, as it will save several steps that I was doing before, when bringing photos into Multimedia in Reunion.

It does create a copy of the photo in Photos and moves it to the "Imported Media" folder, BUT...

I usually have put a title on my exported pictures, which would appear with the photo in the Multimedia area of Reunion, i.e. "FOX, Walter W & Anne E". Now, I moved a picture with that Title from Photos and the picture moves OK, but the name it gets is the original camera filename for the picture, i.e. "IMG_0868", NOT the title I had assigned. It displays the original name in the Multimedia area of Reunion, AND the file has this name in the "Imported Media" folder. That's NOT helpful then I try to find a photo later, plus I'm still spending time renaming the file in Multimedia so the name makes some sense.

Is there a fix for this?
        John Bastin
        jbastin1@me.com
        Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
        Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

I moved a picture with that Title from Photos and the picture moves OK, but the name it gets is the original camera filename for the picture, i.e. "IMG_0868", NOT the title I had assigned.
          I see what you're saying John. I think this is something we can address in an update.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X