This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag and drop between trees?

I am working on a new family tree in Reunion10! There are much information in the old family tree, however, that I would like to use. Thus I wonder whether there is a function where I can drag and drop between trees?

Re: Drag and drop between trees?

Originally posted by Mikkel Lauritzen View Post
    I am working on a new family tree in Reunion10! There are much information in the old family tree, however, that I would like to use. Thus I wonder whether there is a function where I can drag and drop between trees?
    Wondering why you have a new family file in Reunion 10? Did you really want a new file or do you want to convert your old family file to Reunion 10? Please let us know before we send info to help.
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 25 February 2015, 05:11 AM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
      Wondering why you have a new family file in Reunion 10? Did you really want a new file or do you want to convert your old family file to Reunion 10? Please let us know before we send info to help.
      The reason being that I have merged a lot of sources that should not have been merged, as well as there is part of the existing tree that is not well documented and this way around I will only put in persons that I somehow can document with a source, and not only copy other peoples info from their trees. I have learned more since I started using Reunion 4 years ago!

Comment

I would be interested in dragging and dropping between trees.

Word has got out among relatives near and far that my Reunion program makes incredible trees (see, it's all your fault!) so people send me their GEDCOMs to make relative trees. Of course, I'm never interested in all of their lines for people unrelated to me, and sometimes I just need to cherry pick a few from their trees.

Yes, I can open their file, prune non-relative sides, then save again, then import into my file, then match and merge, ... really though, being able to drag and drop between files would be a wonderful feature.
        Bradley Jansen
        OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Originally posted by B Jansen View Post
          I would be interested in dragging and dropping between trees.

Word has got out among relatives near and far that my Reunion program makes incredible trees (see, it's all your fault!) so people send me their GEDCOMs to make relative trees. Of course, I'm never interested in all of their lines for people unrelated to me, and sometimes I just need to cherry pick a few from their trees.

Yes, I can open their file, prune non-relative sides, then save again, then import into my file, then match and merge, ... really though, being able to drag and drop between files would be a wonderful feature.
          It might be easier to mark the people you wish to transfer in the "foreign" Reunion files, then Import Marked People into your destination file (working, as always, on a copy until you are sure all is well).

Comment

Working...
          X