Dropbox problems - airdrop iMac to iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox problems - airdrop iMac to iPad

I have just come across a message that the latest DropBox update no longer allows Airdrop from iMac - iPad (and presumably vice-versa although I haven't tried that).

I have Monterey 12.6.2 and recently tried to airdrop some files to my iPad. All I got was a"waiting" sign on the iMac and nothing more.

I had forgotten about this Airdrop thinking that my mac is getting too old.

However, I found this just by chance on the Dropbox Community problem page and is something D/box are aware of and hopefully will fix soon.

Thought I would post this in case it was affecting others.

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Originally posted by alan View Post
    I.............and recently tried to airdrop some files to my iPad. All I got was a"waiting" sign on the iMac and nothing more............Alan
    The iMac was waiting for you to accept on the iPad. Did you check the iPad? Or am I missing something?; your post is a bit confused.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Bob, Yes I had "airdrop" checked on my iPad for contacts only - all I got was the "waiting" and nothing more - no sound on the iPad. But It now works again so prseumably the file I was trying to a/drop was too big.
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Working...
      X