How far to go side ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far to go side ways

Do I my husband direct line and family or just him if I add them there will be over 5000 people

Susan Tutin

You can combine or separate; your choice. 5000 is nothing. There are pro's & con's for each.
    Personally I have almost 7,000 in my tree; wife's is separate with over 18,000.
    My only reason for having two trees is confusion with who belongs to who (whom?). ie: those without a blood connection.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thank you SGilbert . Just that I that many different file for both of us combine and separate family tree should I delete some of them

Comment

It depends on your ultimate goal. My choice was to combine. That way my children, will have their complete tree in one file. They can then add (or not) there spouse's line if they so desire.
        Last edited by rwalcik; 15 January 2023, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Actually, it is very simple. Everyone on both sides, husband's and wife's, are related to your kids. Thus, there is no compelling reason to have separate trees. P.S. The chances of finding ancestors who belong to both sides is fairly high and sometimes a total surprise.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you r walcik and Bob White for your reply something to think about

Comment

Working...
            X