X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: saving ancestry.com file

Originally posted by sdengle View Post
    Several ways: Use FamilySearch.org, or go through your local public library's website to access Heritage Quest (assuming they offer it). Both can be used from your home. I think state libraries also have Heritage Quest available through their website. Also try RootsWeb.Ancestry.com and USGenWeb.org. All of these are FREE!
    Susan
    Yes, thanks, I'm working on how to use FamilySearch.org. Have found a Tennessee web site that will let any tennesseans connect to Heritage Quest (but yes they don't have all the census).
    Delbert Curlin
    Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
    Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
      I agree with all the previous posters.
      FamilySearch has a lot of info. So, if you need info from that census, you should be able to access it at Ancestry, Fold3 & FamilySearch.
      Another great site for "local" info is the USGenWebProject.
      Hope this info is helpful,
      Kaye
      Kaye : Thanks. Never heard of Fold 3. Am still trying to understand family search procedures. Tennessee has a web site that residents can use to access Heritage Quest but no 1940 Census. I am a member of a genealogical society but their library is in another city and they are only open limited hours 2 days a week so timing is a problem as well as the distance of driving. Will look into GenWeb (thought they had disappeared several years back).
      Delbert Curlin

Comment

Originally posted by DelbertCurlin View Post
        Kaye : Thanks. Never heard of Fold 3. <clip> Will look into GenWeb (thought they had disappeared several years back).
        Fold3.com use to be Footnote.com. They mainly concentrate on military records but do have some, or all, of the censuses. You can search for free. Check it out if you haven't already.

The GenWeb sites are still there. Some are more active than others and some of the links are no longer good. However, you can often still find out quite a lot.

Don't forget, you can still search on Ancestry.com, even if you are no longer a paid member. So, you should be able to find the 1940 censuses for people you want.

OR, on the Ancestry home page go to the SEARCH button at the top of the page > Census & Voters Lists > look on the right-hand sidebar and you should see 1940 US Federal Census (Free) > brings up search box just for that census.

AND, don't forget Cindi's List - http://www.cyndislist.com - go to home page and put Free in the search box in the upper right corner. One of the entries shows a link to all of Ancestry's free databases...including some other censuses.

Good-luck,
        Kaye
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
          Fold3.com You can search for free. Check it out if you haven't already.

Don't forget, you can still search on Ancestry.com, even if you are no longer a paid member. So, you should be able to find the 1940 censuses for people you want.

Good-luck,
          Kaye
          I couldn't get Fold3 or Ancestry to let me search for free. Requested I sign up. Can't afford more memberships than I already have.

Will try the others soon. Thanks Delbert
          Delbert Curlin

Comment

Originally posted by DelbertCurlin View Post
            I couldn't get Fold3 or Ancestry to let me search for free. Requested I sign up. Can't afford more memberships than I already have.

Will try the others soon. Thanks Delbert
            Hmm, it's been so long since I registered with either. Check to see if you can register without paying.

I'll check to see what I can find out.
            Kaye Mushalik
            -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
            -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
            -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
            X