Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Massachusetts Probate Records online!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Massachusetts Probate Records online!

If you have Middlesex County, Massachusetts ancestors that died between 1648 & 1871, check this out!

Received in the New England Historic Genealogical Society email newsletter, "The Weekly Genealogist", 13 Aug 2014:

"NEHGS Database News
    by Sam Sturgis, Digital Collections Administrator, and Christopher Carter, Digital Collections Coordinator
    Middlesex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1648-1871 - http://www.americanancestors.org/Sea...ampaign=twg700

This database was created from digital images and an index contributed to NEHGS by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Archives. The collection contains the records of 45,383 Middlesex County probate cases filed between 1648 and 1871. The probate cases include wills, guardianships, administrations, and various other types of probate records. The cases range in length from one to more than 1,500 pages, with a total of more than 668,000 individual file papers. This database is freely accessible to the general public."

I just downloaded a 59-page probate file. Looking for others.

Hope this is helpful,
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Re: New Massachusetts Probate Records online!

Thanks for that notice Kaye - I found some of my GILSON relatives there and need to investigate more!

Katharine
    Katharine Ott, Ohio

Comment

Re: New Massachusetts Probate Records online!

Originally posted by Katharine Ott View Post
      Thanks for that notice Kaye - I found some of my GILSON relatives there and need to investigate more!

Katharine
      So glad my notice was helpful. Maybe others will find it so, too!
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
      X