This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To split a tree or not

I have a German side and a USA side. What are the advantages or disadvantages of splitting a tree. A great deal of the German side is still in German, especially sources. MEC
    Last edited by The Crossland's; 29 June 2014, 11:43 AM.

Re: To split a tree or not

Originally posted by The Crossland's View Post
    I have a German side and a USA side. What are the advantages or disadvantages of splitting a tree. A great deal of the German side is still in German, especially sources. MEC
    There's virtually no benefit to splitting your file/tree. Actually, the ONLY gain you could possibly see would be a performance one (assuming your file is very, very large) and, to be honest, Reunion can handle very large files - unlike most competitors who become unusable with files like mine (close to 100K individuals, mostly 6th to 10th cousins all around). Reunion is the ONLY software that's remained solid and has kept performing as my file grew.

Going back to your original question: don't split your file. As a Reunion user, you gain nothing by doing so.
    Benoit Bousquet
    Reunion 14

Comment

Re: To split a tree or not

Originally posted by bbousquet View Post
      There's virtually no benefit to splitting your file/tree. Actually, the ONLY gain you could possibly see would be a performance one (assuming your file is very, very large) and, to be honest, Reunion can handle very large files - unlike most competitors who become unusable with files like mine (close to 100K individuals, mostly 6th to 10th cousins all around). Reunion is the ONLY software that's remained solid and has kept performing as my file grew.

Going back to your original question: don't split your file. As a Reunion user, you gain nothing by doing so.
      I am grateful for you most satisfying answer! Thank you! MEC

Comment

Working...
      X