This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage data

There appear to be two methods of entering the basic information of the marriage between 2 people
    1 selecting the marriage slot in the centre and immediately above the couple in Family View. This takes you to a screen showing ... Marriage Children Notes and Events

Option 2 is in Family View select the male person and then Events which then displays
    Birth... Marriage... Death etc

I have used both methods and in the cases where Option 1 was used I have found that the Marriage details have not been shown when I created a Descendant chart.
    That is not my desired outcome

When producing a chart in this way I only want the marriage detail to appear once for the couple
    Is this a fault or better still which is the correct method?

Re: Marriage data

The correct way to enter marriage information in Reunion is via the Marriage tab of the Edit Family screen, accessed by clicking the "marriage slot" above and at center of the couples Name Buttons.

Note that the Marriage field you're seeing in the Events tab of the Edit Person screen is not a default field in Reunion, it was likely created by a GEDCOM import or manually added to the Family File.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Marriage data

To capture in a descendant chart the marriage data that resides where Reunion prefers it (in the Marriage tab), go to Charts from the family view, select Descendant, and then choose Define Layouts from the Layout menu at the bottom of the settings list.

In the layout window, select your preferred layout (probably Default) or create a new layout in the left column, select Family Fields from the center column, and check the marriage box in the right column.

You may need to select the Person Fields and Spouse Fields from the center column and UNcheck any marriage event field that might show up in the respective right hand column. This would eliminate the redundant marriage entries in the chart.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
      X