Writing your family history/genealogy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing your family history/genealogy?

I'd be interested in hearing what resources have been used by fellow researchers to print their work. Yes, I have procrastinated long enough and now want to consolidate and print something. I've considered Shutterfly, but they are largely photos and not much text room, but it seems the market is ripe for someone to have a service tailored for genealogy work. Any ideas that have been used and liked?

Have you explored 5 different 'Book's? It's in 'Reports' in left hand column.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thanks, I hadn't realized the books were there and I did explore. I am looking for a more flushed out version of the genealogy with personal stories, many photos, maps, charts which includes the details, but also gives the reader a better idea of both the times and the ancestors.

Comment

Pages.

Comment

Blurb, I've used. https://www.blurb.co.uk/b/9171011-a-...f-my-family-i; well pleased by the quality. Next time I shall check out their design software too.

Comment

I have the same question as Bev V. My dad wrote a family history in 1982 back in the day of hand "cut and paste". He had printed about 100 copies in a six by nine format. It was about 120 pages. There was a folded 8x 11page which had the family tree. I've now written Volume II- our family since 1982. It is about 140 pages long (with some pictures). I want to print it in the same format and include a family tree. I have engaged a local press but they aren't interested in helping much- especially in this covid era. It's like a contract with a lawn mower business. The cut with the size mower they have and that is that.

Comment

I have used https://www.lulu.com several times. They specialize in small printings. I've been happy with the products.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X