Small history of one branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small history of one branch

Hello all, I would like to put together a short history of one branch at a time. I thought this fall and winter being cooped in due to Covid would be a good time to tackle it. I want to leave a copy to each of my three children and anyone else whose interested. Something I can just run off on my printer. I have gone back to the mid 1600's with each branch (French Canadian). Are there any guide books, websites, etc. that I can find a little guidance? I'm not looking at trying to write a book, just a booklet.

I am also trying to do just short booklets on each of the branches of my family and started my first one today. If you go to the help section in Reunion they have a 34 page tutorial that is long, but helpful. This is, indeed, a good time to pick up a project like this. I just finished reading the tutorial, but I also have a question: If I have already added sections to my book and want to update the book, will it affect the sections that I have added?

Comment

Hi Debbie,
      Thank you, I will for the tutorial. I am also going to the American Canadian Genealogy Society in Manchester, NH. I have spoken with the president and she said there are lots of people there who have done this and a great chance for me to pick up ideas. I'm hoping to get up there near the end of November. Let me know how your booklet comes out, best of luck to you.

Comment

I am so sorry Debbie that I never responded to you. I dropped the whole genealogy project and just picked it up again. Funny that you mentioned the ACGS in Manchester. Before I read your response here I had mentioned to my husband that I'd like to get up there, hopefully next week. I hope you were successful. Please let me know how you made out.

Comment

Working...
        X