Ben Sayer's stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Sayer's stuff

The GenealogyTools and PracticalCitation sites seem to be out-of-date. Does anyone know what their status is? I'm interested in seeing if his Practical Citation is worth taking a look at.
    Lives in Texas
    Using R12 on iMac 2015, running Mojave; RTouch on iPad
    Researching SACKS; FARNSWORTH; HUNTER; KADERABEK; HOLY; CERNY; and SUCHOVSKY

I used to go on those sites quite a bit and another he had, MacGenealogist. I think there was a cooling in his relationship with Reunion or ReunionTalk. I forget the details now but it was something trivial blown out of proportion. But rather than me and you guess at the status, why not contact him direct - i'm sure you'll get a better answer that way than we can provide
    Rupert Cuddon-Large ; Lives in Jersey
    Using R12 on iMac 2013, running Catalina; RTouch on iPad
    Researching Large; Cuddon; Fletcher; Ford; Gadsdon; Reynolds and Christian

Comment

I've searched. I've looked. I can't find a way of contacting him short of submitting a post to a site with no activity in years. I'm no slouch when it comes to searching, but this may be my first genealogy brick wall. :-)
      Lives in Texas
      Using R12 on iMac 2015, running Mojave; RTouch on iPad
      Researching SACKS; FARNSWORTH; HUNTER; KADERABEK; HOLY; CERNY; and SUCHOVSKY

Comment

I purchased Practical Citation 2 years ago - his site was outdated then. I had asked a question on his site and it took him months to respond. It's only $5 so it can't hurt taking a look at it to see if that methodology works for you - but I wouldn't expect updates to it, which may or may not be problematic.

I wound up not using it - but plenty of people do.

Comment

I read his stuff years ago and found it worthy. But it doesn't surprise me that he's no longer maintaining the site(s). I had a media literacy education site for years that I put hundreds of hours into, but mostly received only good will and gratitude back for doing that. You finally burn out and just have to stop.

Comment

I'm still using the Practical Citation format and find it easy and straightforward to use. It works for me. The format provides adequate insight into the source of information without the complicated academic pedantic forms used by serious researchers. If I can find the source then anyone else can who uses the information provided by this format. Naturally, if you want to publish your work Practical Citation wouldn't be acceptable, but between less academic researchers it works a treat.
            Robin
            Victoria, Australia

Comment

Presume you know J2, that there's an address for Ben on his GenealogyTools Help page ?
              Rupert Cuddon-Large ; Lives in Jersey
              Using R12 on iMac 2013, running Catalina; RTouch on iPad
              Researching Large; Cuddon; Fletcher; Ford; Gadsdon; Reynolds and Christian

Comment

Working...
              X