X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book(s) on genealogy

Can anyone comment on this book:

And, can anyone recommend a book on genealogy?

Dave Trussell

Re: Book(s) on genealogy

And, without having to go to another site, the name of the book is......?????
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      What ? I fail to understand your statement.
      Delbert Curlin
      Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
      Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

"Digging Deeper: Using Essential Pre-1850 Records" by Karen Clifford, published 2011. I have not read the book. However, Legacy had a webinar yesterday about this subject. You can see the full webinar on the Legacy site - http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Webinars.asp - for 10 days. Then would need to buy it on CD. If you go to the website that Dave put on his query, you will see there is a preview PDF that shows various parts of the book.

Hope this is helpful.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Try the book "Getting Started in Genealogy" at www.genealogyhowto.com. It is excellent for one starting out or running out of ideas. It includes a Work Plan which works.

Comment

Originally posted by DelbertCurlin View Post
            What ? I fail to understand your statement.
            In the original post, he was asking for comments about a book but didn't give us the name of the book.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

In the original post, he was asking for comments about a book but didn't give us the name of the book.
              All you had to do was click on the link!
              Andrew Allsop

Comment

Originally posted by Allsop View Post
                All you had to do was click on the link!
                Yes, that is true, but, it would have been helpful as well as politer to have given the title as well as the link.

Many people rarely click on links from an untrusted source in case they are phishing/spam/advertizing.

Some people read off line, and, lots of people would help if they can, but, going to see if they have read the book is asking a bigger favour than if the title were in the request.
                Mary Arthur

Comment

My apologies to all. From *my* point of view I saw it (posting the name of the book and a link) as redundant (and still do). However, I have learned a lesson and should this type of situation present itself again, I'll present it differently.

Thank you for your replies.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Arthur View Post
                    Yes, that is true, but, it would have been helpful as well as politer to have given the title as well as the link.

Many people rarely click on links from an untrusted source in case they are phishing/spam/advertizing.

Some people read off line, and, lots of people would help if they can, but, going to see if they have read the book is asking a bigger favour than if the title were in the request.
                    I stand corrected and rightly so. Apologies for any offence caused.
                    Andrew Allsop

Comment

Working...
                    X