This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Grandfather & his ancestors on three family cards

I have a 6th Great Grandfather and along with his ancestors, will show up on three different family cards as I work backward thru the generations on each of his three children. A brother and two sisters are all my bloodline so he is related to me three times.

Do I treat him as thou he were three separate people, listing the three children on all three cards? I would get to each one of his cards as I work backward from each child thru the generations. All three children will be listed on each of his cards. Will this effect any reports or charts?

Or as I work thru the other two children backwards, can I connect to the original card? The children would only be listed on one card & he would only have one card.

Re: One Grandfather & his ancestors on three family cards

Originally posted by D Kercher View Post
    as I work thru the other two children backwards, can I connect to the original card? The children would only be listed on one card & he would only have one card.
    You definitely want to connect to any prior card as you enter.

Each person should only be listed once in your family file. If the three children are by the same mother, they'd be on the same family card; if they're by three different wives, they'd be on three different family cards.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
    X