This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sources and extra commas

I've been cleaning up some sources and note that a number of them have one or more commas at the end of the title and I have no idea. I have quite a few that are identical (save a date) but one will have commas at the end of the title and the other nothing. I've tried to re-type them, and still get the extra comma entry. I've read the manual, but have not encountered a solution. Ideas welcome...

Bob

Re: Sources and extra commas

Originally posted by sgtbob View Post
    I've been cleaning up some sources and note that a number of them have one or more commas at the end of the title and I have no idea. I have quite a few that are identical (save a date) but one will have commas at the end of the title and the other nothing. I've tried to re-type them, and still get the extra comma entry. I've read the manual, but have not encountered a solution. Ideas welcome...

Bob
    As the Source Field section is the same (save the date), I'd suggest checking the free form area of the source with the extra comma(s), for remnant 'space' character(s) or blank lines. Delete it/them (or tick the exclude box) should solve this issue.
    Peter Cook
    Rossmoyne, Western Australia
    OSX 10.13.6 & iOS 12.4.6; Reunion 12.0 [200602];ReunionTouch 1.0.15

Comment

Re: Sources and extra commas

Peter - You're absolutely correct. I found that there were 'ghost' spaces I had not deleted from the 'Free-Form Text' area that was picked up when I imported a GEDCOM. I highlighted the 'Free-Form Text' area, deleted the 'ghost' commas (nothing) and they disappeared on the Source listing.

Many thanks for this. One could chalk this up to 'nothing=something' arena.

Comment

Working...
      X