This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancestry/FamilyTree/Maker/Reunion

How are Reunion Family Trees transferrred to Ancestry?

Tom

Re: Ancestry/FamilyTree/Maker/Reunion

Originally posted by thosheller View Post
    How are Reunion Family Trees transferrred to Ancestry?

Tom
    Reunion>File>Export>GEDCOM (choose fields and submitter information you want included)

Ancestry>(make sure you are logged in)>Family Trees>Upload a GEDCOM>Choose File (file you exported from Reunion.
    Reunion 11.0.7, Mac OS 10.10.3

Comment

Note that when you output a GED from Reunion and upload it to Ancestry you'll lose all your sources and notes. I was able to write a little AppleScript to massage the GED file to get the sources into Ancestry but there is no equivalent in the Ancestry public trees for Notes. (There are "Stories" but they are not picked up in a GED upload).

Look at post #15 in this thread for more info:

If you want the AppleScript for getting the sources to upload let me know and I will send it to you.

Don
      worth@ucla.edu
      Last edited by donworth; 11 June 2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: added link to thread

Comment

Originally posted by donworth View Post
        Note that when you output a GED from Reunion and upload it to Ancestry you'll lose all your sources and notes.
        For what it's worth, we tried to improve source transfer in Reunion 10. If you search "export gedcom" in the Reunion 10 manual you will find an entry on "Exporting GEDCOM Files to Ancestry.com" that covers the changes, though the descriptions may not be useful to most people. The important thing is to set "Ancestry.com" for the "Destination" when exporting a GEDCOM to upload to Ancestry.

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find a way to get Ancestry to recognize Notes.
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Right after I posted I thought "Maybe they did something about the source transfer to Ancestry in Reunion 10???"

I can't really tell from the manual whether this does what my little script did (doesn't sound like it pushes all the source fields into the TITL field tho). I will have to try it out and see what it does.

Thanks for doing whatever you did!

Comment

Working...
          X