marriage certificate - attach to individual or family multimedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marriage certificate - attach to individual or family multimedia

Just curious how others approach this. I scanned a doc of my grandparent's marriage. I attached it to both individuals but then wondered if I should place it in the family multimedia, which I rarely use except for group family photos.

What do you do? and are there pros/cons of each.

Re: marriage certificate - attach to individual or family multimedia

I use family multimedia.
    If you use 'Books', you'll have way too many pictures if attached to each one.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I hadn't used books yet - so that's a great thought. I tried creating a book just to see and it doesn't look like to me that the family multimedia prints out at all. Unless I am missing something. The thumbnails would be way too small anyway so not sure it matters.

thanks!

Comment

I PUT IT WITH THE FAMILY MULTIMEDIA
        It is a source and therefore should be more important than photos for the most part. If you can put the marriage document with a wedding photo it makes a great way to present this couple to their descendants. Choice photos can follow.

Comment

I attach it to neither of those, but to the source. I add a word or two to alert me to the fact that an image is available, thus...
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting in the habit of attaching documents to my sources as well as the person/family given that I mainly output to webcards. It makes them easy to find and you can always refer to the source as well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Comment

I tend to use multimedia exstensively to put copies of birth/marriage/death certificates (where possible and if I have any) in, and record them in sources. That way I can show a "source #" against the persons name.
              I've also been experimenting with Reunion Books and the certs. seem showup quite well, if small, although there is a setting to increase the picture size.
              So as to avoid having too many images in the "Report>book" settings I limit the initial settings to preferred images only.
              iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by eventide View Post
                I'm getting in the habit of attaching documents to my sources as well as the person/family given that I mainly output to webcards. It makes them easy to find and you can always refer to the source as well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
                What is a web card?
                Delbert Curlin
                Reunion 10.0.6 OS X 10.9.2 iphone 3GS
                Searching Curlin, White, McClish,Buckner

Comment

@Delbert - its a report thats specifically output for the web. You can see some examples here: http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/v12/webpub12.php

Comment

Working...
                  X