This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miscellaneous Records

I have a question about where is best to record information from what I call miscellaneous records. Such records would include Draft Registration and Death Certificate.

For the Death Certificate, I know where to record date and place of death. But what of other information on the certificate, such as cause of death, was there an autopsy, contributory factors to death, undertaker's name, etc?

For the Draft Registration, there isn't much information. Residence is obvious, but the rest is not very useful, I think. It seems to me that it is the fact of registering for the draft that is significant, but where does that get recorded?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

-----===== Bill =====-----

Re: Miscellaneous Records

Originally posted by Bill Guion View Post
    I have a question about where is best to record information from what I call miscellaneous records. Such records would include Draft Registration and Death Certificate.

For the Death Certificate, I know where to record date and place of death. But what of other information on the certificate, such as cause of death, was there an autopsy, contributory factors to death, undertaker's name, etc?

For the Draft Registration, there isn't much information. Residence is obvious, but the rest is not very useful, I think. It seems to me that it is the fact of registering for the draft that is significant, but where does that get recorded?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

-----===== Bill =====-----
    If you take a closer look at the fields for a person, you'll see Events and Facts. You can add a Fact, where you'll find Cause of Death among those which are predefined. You can then cite the source of this fact as appropriate. I don't see a Fact or Event for draft registration, but I'd surmise that you could readily create an Event for it.
    Montgomery, Alabama

Comment

Working...
    X