What did I do wrong? Moving field from one to another

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AndreTheGeek
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 23

    #1

    What did I do wrong? Moving field from one to another

    Hi all,

    Over the course of time, I've used both the Baptism and the Christening fields for the baptism date, location, notes. I decided to fix that, and started moving one to the other, then I discovered the Move feature in the field preferences, which sounded perfect. I backed up my file to be sure, then I tried it. I moved Baptism to Christening.

    It appears to have created a new christening field for most people, and now I have two. The new one does not show up on my family view. Strangely it did work for a few people. Luckily I had marked these people first, so I can go back and see them and fix it. I can manually move data from one Christening field to the other, then it's fine, BUT what did I do wrong?

    Thanks
    Andre

    Duplicate Field.jpg
Working...