The POWER of the Search feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The POWER of the Search feature

I am surprised no one has posted about the web search feature in reunion. It is fast... and it is POWERFUL.

I set it up with the following search engines as my favorites.... Ancestry, Family Search, Find-A-Grave, My Heritage, Newspapers.com and Fold3.

I go to the box with my ancestor on it and right click it. Choose the item Search the web... then Favorites. Then I can sit back and wait for the magic to happen... Reunion triggers all those data providers to search for that one ancestor in safari. Safari will return the data in neat tabs for each provider.

Once I get more information I simply close safari and then move on to the next one or sometimes re-roll the same search and with more details it will show more information.

I've been focusing on finding surnames for all of my ladies who were recorded as wives without them. Using this technique I've found nearly 80% of their surnames and I have found additional children and information not previously recorded. There is so much information out there since I started my tree 20 years ago.

It amazes me that much of this info was transferred from an old Commodore 64 to an Apple II then to PC and then to Mac. Of all the software that I've used Reunion continues to surprise me. There are a lot of features I would love to see it have... but in all honesty it is HOME. I love working with it... and the people behind it have Genealogy in their hearts.

Allen

I like this search idea - thanks for the heads up. I'd not used it before and yet its so simple.
    When I tried it, my search stopped the first time I needed to log in or enter a password to the various search engines, Ancestry the first one. Is there a way of getting over this ?
    I'm a real enthusiast for Reunion . Over the years I've tried several other programmes, both Windows and Mac based but Reunion has been and remains my favourite. Perhaps the best thing about the software is the support and backing of Leister. There is always a response to users' problems and I feel they're genuinely interested .....
    Rupert Cuddon-Large ; Lives in Jersey
    Using R12 on iMac 2013, running Catalina; RTouch on iPad
    Researching Large; Cuddon; Fletcher; Ford; Gadsdon; Reynolds and Christian

Comment

Working...
    X