web project report search functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web project report search functionality

I created a Web Project Report (Destination: Web Folder) using the new (to me) version 13. One option it provides in the top menu is "Search". When I click it, there's a search field and a submit button.... but they don't do anything.

What is this supposed to be wired up to?

The Google and Bing search fields in the footer work properly, but not the search field in the top header.

ref: http://www.theknowltons.com/

Just tried the search on a web project that I did a few months ago. (I keep one handy for testing when I see a note like yours.) Search did zero in four different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera). But it got worse...... !!

I decided to create a brand new web project to test on because there has been a couple maintenance updates during the meantime. Guess what? Absolutely no action happens when one clicks on the Save Web Folder button. Two tries; dialog indicates creating "Report 056, Web Project" and then 057. A macOS search finds no such files on this Mac. Needless to say, I won't toss the few months old project just yet.

Reunion 13.0 (build: 210503); macOS 11.4; most current versions of all four browsers.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by cameronknowlton View Post
      When I click it, there's a search field and a submit button.... but they don't do anything.[/url]
      There's an invalid character in the first/mid name for one of the people in your file which is causing the loading of the search index to fail.

Go to Sadie STOCKMAN, open her entry for editing and click in her First & Mid Name field, then use Command+A to select all the text in that field and press Delete on your keyboard to delete it. Finally, re-enter the first name and re-create/re-upload the web project. That should fix this issue. If not, let me know.

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      Search did zero in four different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera).
      This is most likely because you were viewing the web project locally. Almost every browser has a security feature that blocks loading of local (on your Mac) files via JavaScript (what we use for the search function), which means the search function will only work once the project has been uploaded to a website (because it loads the file from the website, not from your Mac).

Absolutely no action happens when one clicks on the Save Web Folder button/
      I'm not seeing this issue in my testing (also on 11.4), please restart your Mac and if the problem persists email us via help@leisterpro.com

Thanks,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        ........This is most likely because you were viewing the web project locally. Almost every browser has a security feature that blocks loading of local (on your Mac) files via JavaScript (what we use for the search function), which means the search function will only work once the project has been uploaded to a website (because it loads the file from the website, not from your Mac).

I'm not seeing this issue in my testing (also on 11.4), please restart your Mac and if the problem persists email us via help@leisterpro.com

Thanks,
        Question: In Safari prefs, in the Security panel, does it make any difference as to whether "Enable JavaScript" is checked on or off? I have always kept it enabled. A restart didn't make any difference. I'll see if I can locate invalid characters. I usually can as I have lots of database experience. If not successful, I will do the help thing.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Question: In Safari prefs, in the Security panel, does it make any difference as to whether "Enable JavaScript" is checked on or off?
          That option wouldn't make a difference here. There is an option, when you have Safari's developer tools enabled, that you can use to disable the security feature -- but we do not recommend doing that, as it can open a rather large security hole.

I'll see if I can locate invalid characters.
          The part about invalid characters only applies to cameronknowlton's web project.

Just to be clear: the search function not working when you open a web project locally is to be expected, it is not a bug. If the search function is not working after uploading the web project to a website, that would be an issue. I would recommend that anyone who runs into such an issue email us at help@leisterpro.com.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X