Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to display the manual in larger font and window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to display the manual in larger font and window?

I have trouble reading some of the material in the manual's small font, and sometimes I want to make the window wider. How can I do this?

The manual window cannot be made wider. However, the font can be made larger by pressing the "Command" and "+" keys on your keyboard.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Not so good. Thanks.

Comment

You could print specific pages with the usual command-P. On my iMac, they print with what appears to be about font size 14 Arial. Big enough for elderly eyeballs. Very helpful if it is just a page or several pages that you need at the moment. Not recommended for trying to print the manual.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

You can also save the sections of the manual as a PDF via the print command. Using the Preview app to open the saved PDF section of the manual, allows you to resize the pdf window and zoom in to make the text larger.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Brown View Post
            You can also save the sections of the manual as a PDF via the print command. Using the Preview app to open the saved PDF section of the manual, allows you to resize the pdf window and zoom in to make the text larger.
            Thank you! I am visually impaired (as well as old!) and I often have trouble reading the small parts of Reunion like the manual or sources. This is a great idea for the manual!

Comment

You can also use Mac accessibility settings to zoom the screen to make the window bigger. When you have the zoom settings turned on, you can use these keyboard shortcuts to quickly zoom in and out: Zoom in (makes the text bigger): on your keyboard, press Option-Command equal sign (=)
              Zoom out (makes the text smaller): on your keyboard press Option-Command minus sign (-)
              Toggle zoom: on your keyboard press Option-Command-8
              Here's how to set it up: On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Accessibility.
              In the sidebar of the Accessibility window, click Zoom.
              Select the "Use keyboard shortcuts to zoom" checkbox.
              Click Advanced, then select an option under "When zoomed in, the screen image moves." I use the setting "So the pointer is at or near the center of the zoomed image," but you can try the other options to see which one works best for you.
              Select any other options you might want to use, then click Controls to see even more options you might want to use.
              Click OK.
              Here's some screenshots:

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 7.11.35 PM.png
              Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 7.05.52 PM.png
              Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 7.06.08 PM.png
              Attached Files
              Amy
              Currently using Reunion 13 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7
              Reunion user since the original HyperCard stack version in the early 1990s

Comment

All my nice formatting in the above post got removed, and I don't know why or how to fix it.
                Amy
                Currently using Reunion 13 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7
                Reunion user since the original HyperCard stack version in the early 1990s

Comment

Working...
                X