Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with synchronising Reunion 12 (Build 201144)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with synchronising Reunion 12 (Build 201144)

I am using an iMac (21.5 inch, late 2015), macOS Monterey version 12.6.7 on which I have my main Reunion family file which has been updated independantly of the Macbook.
    I also have a Macbook Air (13-inch, early 2015), macOS Big Sur version 11.7.8 on which I have an early version of my Reunion family file which has been updated independantly of the iMac

I am using Reunion 12 (build 201144) on both computers.
    On the iMac there are 347 people, 259 families, 4 sources
    On the Macbook there are 255 people. Both database names are the same.

What I would like to do is to synchronise both databases to be the same. To this end I have followed the guidelines regarding using Dropbox.

On the iMac, the familiy file resides in Dropbox - Reunion Files - My_OWN.familyfile12
    On the Macbook Air, the file is located Documents - Reunion - MY_OWN.familyfile12

I can open both and close both but there does not seem to be any syncing.

If I open the Dropbox file on the Macbook there is a message which says conflict - Which to keep. To me, these are the same file.
    On the Macbook Air if I go to the menu, Reunion - Preferences - Folders - Family Files - Other (highlighted) the path is shown -/Dropbox/Reunion Files
    On the iMac if I go to the menu, Reunion - Preferences - Folders - Family Files Reunion default is selected and the path is ~/Documents/Reunion Files

Please, what am I doing wrong, what do I need to do to enable syncing of the 2 computers?
Working...
X