Adding Multimedia to Sources

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Howard Fink
    replied
    Re: Adding Multimedia to Sources

    Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
    If you have the screen area to manage this, you can also do this by drag and drop - have the folder with the images in it open in the Finder and then you can drag images from there to the relevant Reunion window without having to navigate and select anything. You can do this with multiple items if you wish.

    Roger
    Yet another way to accomplish this - keep in mind that the Mac itself provides a nice way to navigate to recent folders through the standard Open File dialog in ANY application. Click on the default folder that shows up in the dialog and you will see a list titled 'Recent Places'. This should let you go (with one click) to any of the last few folders that you used.
    There would be no reason you should ever have to repeat those 5 steps, even if Reunion did not have a preference to change the default.

    Leave a comment:


  • theKiwi
    replied
    Re: Adding Multimedia to Sources

    Originally posted by Bill Guion View Post
    Tim,

    I think you are exactly correct. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This will save so much time.
    If you have the screen area to manage this, you can also do this by drag and drop - have the folder with the images in it open in the Finder and then you can drag images from there to the relevant Reunion window without having to navigate and select anything. You can do this with multiple items if you wish.

    Roger

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Re: Adding Multimedia to Sources

    Oh YES!! That's been bugging me for years. But I never thought to complain about it and presumed that that was just the way it had to be. Thank you Tim - and Bill, for raising the question in the first place. My life is complete...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill Guion
    replied
    Re: Adding Multimedia to Sources

    Originally posted by ttl View Post
    I think you'll find what you want in Reunion->Preferences->Folders->Multimedia.
    Tim,

    I think you are exactly correct. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This will save so much time.

    -----===== Bill =====-----

    Leave a comment:


  • ttl
    replied
    Re: Adding Multimedia to Sources

    I think you'll find what you want in Reunion->Preferences->Folders->Multimedia.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bill Guion
    started a topic Adding Multimedia to Sources

    Adding Multimedia to Sources

    I have a large number of new sources, each with one or more multimedia files to add to the source. After filling out the source fields, I click on the multimedia tab in the source window, then click on the + sign to add a file. The file select window comes up with "Pictures" preselected. I navigate to the folder containing the file to be added, which takes approximately five clicks. Find the file, select it, and click on Choose. The file is added as expected.

    Then I want to add a second multimedia file, or create a new source record with a multimedia file. When I click on the + sign, the file select window comes up with "Pictures" preselected. And I have to repeat the same five clicks to get right back to the same folder that contains the next multimedia file. Is there some way to "precondition" the file select window to the last folder chosen?

    -----===== Bill =====-----
Working...