Book - how to delete 'Table of Contents' and 'Person Index'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book - how to delete 'Table of Contents' and 'Person Index'

My objective is to produce a single Reunion Book for a friend, for all those in the Family File related.

I don't know if there's such a thing as an "All relatives" report in genealogy, if so I've not come across it, but within the confines of Reunion's Book feature for now, the options appear to be ancestors of an individual, or descendants of a couple.

That being the case, I'm having to create multiple books, then stitch the separate pdf files together.

I've hit a snag, and welcome suggested workarounds. The printer (as in the guy who is a printer, not a printing machine) has suggested alternating 10mm and 6mm left/right margins, for binding purposes. 6mm is insufficient for the binding side.

There is the 'Alternate left and right' to help me do this.

I could of course make the margin 10mm on both left and right sides of the page, but I'd also like to maximise the width of the page available for content.

Before realising this need, ie. differing margins on each side of the page, I'd been deleting unwanted pages after I'd created the pdf files. The problem with deleting the pages from the pdf output now is that this will then throw out the sequence of alternating left/right margins. In other words, instead of:

Page 1 - 10mm in left, Page 2 - 10mm on right, Page 3 - 10mm on left

... if I delete Page 2, I end up with ....

Page 1 - 10mm on left, Page 2 (the previous Page 3) - 10mm on left.

No more alternating left / right pages.

Because I'm having to stitch together multiple Books, I don't want multiple Tables of Contents, and I don't want multiple Person Indexes. However the Book feature doesn't seem to allow me to suppress the creation of, or delete, a Table of Contents or Person Index. The delete (minus) button is greyed out.

Is there a method that I'm missing which allows the Book feature to ignore the creation of, or delete, the Table of Contents and Person Index? So that these won't interfere with the 'Alternate left and right' margins?

The Person Index pages are not SO much of a problem, because the Person Index appears at the end of the Book, and therefore I can delete those pages from the pdf output (I'm not including a back cover on the individually created Books). But the Table of Contents is a problem, because I want to include a Front Cover for each Book. Which causes the Table of Contents to be the 2nd section.

Hope that kinda makes sense.

Any workarounds?
Working...
X