X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 8 to newer version or internet?

Hello,

Right now I'm using Reunion 8 on an older computer I have as that's what my grandfather gave me all my genealogy on originally then as high school (and now college) caught up with me I never got around to updating.

I have some cousins who would like access to the genealogy as well, and I'm not sure the best way to go about this.

Is there some easy way for me to transfer my information to some online place where my cousins can access it? If not, what do you suggest?

Also, how could I transfer the info from Reunion 8 on an older computer to a newer version of Reunion on a newer computer?

Thanks
    Emily

Re: Reunion 8 to newer version or internet?

Originally posted by Emily O'Sullivan View Post
    Is there some easy way for me to transfer my information to some online place where my cousins can access it? If not, what do you suggest?
    There are a couple options...

1. Use Reunion 8 to create Web Family Cards and upload them to your own web site or to your Public Dropbox folder.

Information about Web Family Cards can be found in your manual by searching for "web family cards," without the quotes. To access your manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Search the Manual (or click on the Manual icon on the toolbar).

2. Export a GEDCOM file from Reunion and upload it to a searchable online genealogy database. A list of genealogy databases can be found here...

Search the manual for "export gedcom" to find information on how to export a GEDCOM file from Reunion.

Originally posted by Emily O'Sullivan View Post
    Also, how could I transfer the info from Reunion 8 on an older computer to a newer version of Reunion on a newer computer?
    There are several ways to transfer files from one Mac to another, all depending on what you have available. The following web page lists several methods...

I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you, Deb!

Comment

One last data point is that after the Reunion 8 family file is transferred to a new computer, Reunion 10 has the capability to open (convert) it.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. My problem is I was using Reunion 8 on old now crashed computer. Purchased iMac 10.09 and updated to 10.10. Reunion 8 is no longer supported on new computer. How can I get program back to new computer. My info and files transfer but can't be opened. I must mention I'm really a ditz on the computer and pretty well must be lead through. I had purchased Reunion 9 but hadn't used it on the now crashed computer.
          Could buying new Reunion 10 get all my genealogy back on new computer? Old crashed one still here afraid to let it go as many years research on it. I hope someone can help me here.
          Thanks,
          Sherra

Comment

If your Reunion 8 data files are not damaged, Reunion 10 should be able to open them. If they are damaged, the help@leisterpro.com might be able to assist. I don't know if Reunion 9 is available.
            Tim Lundin
            Heartland Family Graphics
            http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
            X