Save Default Text Attributes not working in Reunion 11.0.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save Default Text Attributes not working in Reunion 11.0.12

Am unable to "Save Default Text Attributes" to Captions since about last July, 2017, the last time I changed it. Am also unable to add Tags to Captions. I can add tags to Titles. I've reviewed the entire "Adding Text to a Chart" help file, especially the section on "Saving Default Attributes for Text Objects".

When I right click a text box and select "Save Default Text Attributes", select "Caption", then re-generate the text box, the Caption I saved last July comes up. I can't update it.

Opened a v10 familyfile, created a chart and rt-clicked "Save Default Text Attributes", then created new text object, and it created a new text version, just fine.

I even re-installed Reunion 11.0.12 and that didn't help.

Anyone else experience this or know how to deal with it? Happens in multiple v11 FamilyFiles.

Bill George
    Bill George
    http://www.billgeorge.com

Re: Save Default Text Attributes not working in Reunion 11.0.12

Received the following response after I emailed support@leisterpro.com. I chose to "Rebuild Cache Files" and that restored the Save Default Text Attributes function.

Thanks, Mark!

-------forwarded email from Mark Harrison on 6 Nov 2017----------
    We’ve been unable to duplicate this issue, which usually indicates that it’s a problem with the preferences files.

Please try deleting preferences as outlined in #3 under “Things to try…” on this page:

And see if the above issue persists.

Am also unable to add tags to Captions.
    One thing to note with tags in captions is that only new captions will have the strings injected into them — that is, you have to create a caption with a tag, save the default text attributes, then create a new caption. The new caption will have the tag replaced with the appropriate string. If we can fix the above issue with saving default text attributes that should resolve this issue as well, I believe.

I hope that helps,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.
    Bill George
    http://www.billgeorge.com

Comment

Working...
    X