This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post An Image of Your Family View

There is a current thread regarding the incorporation of census information. More than one participant has posted images of their family view showing how they incorporated information from the census.

As a new user of Reunion I have found those images of family views very informative. I want to make my family view more informative, it is very clunky at this point. Here is what my family view looks like at the moment, please post yours.
    Attached Files
    ``````````````````````````````
    Grant

Re: Post An Image of Your Family View

I'm not sure what you deem to be clunky, but another way to display your data with a bit of a different look is to use smart lists. I think there may be a preset for this in the Family View button if you want to try it out without having set it up from scratch.

Here's mine. I tend to use default settings a lot.
    Attached Files
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Tim:

Thanks for the tip on "smart list". That is a great tool for bringing information forward to the family view. Now I am getting a little less clunky.
      Grant

Comment

The nice thing about the smart list is that it you can use it to display any event or fact field that's filled and automatically leave out what's not filled. And if you have multiple instances of a field for a person (such as Occupation), it will display all of those with contents without needing to create additional fields (such as Occupation 1, etc.)
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

This is a copy of a page in my tree. It is very similar to the "ttl's".

image not attached!!!
          iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

This is a page of my tree - 2nd attempt;

Trying again - missed the upload button
            Attached Files
            iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

OK I know this is from R9, but I'm in the process of switching. The attachment shows how I currently have a summary of a census listed in date order as an added event for each person.
              On the right hand side , i have experimented with listing a person's full Biography, in the notes section. Still not sure I want to do this, as it does duplicate some dates already included

Attached Files
              Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

Here's mine, I'm still tweaking the colors (I don't really like the shade of blue):
                Attached Files
                Mark Harrison
                Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

As I properly incorporate all of my current sources into Reunion I have amended my family view. This is still a work in progress but my intention is to use the family view as a visual tool in identifying gaps in my research.
                  Attached Files
                  Grant

Comment

Here is mine.. I had not noticed before that there was a choice to put birth and death dates in the same box. That is a nice space saver. I find it interesting that you do not include "sex" in the children area. I have lots of northern European and eastern Mediterranean names where it is not always apparent as to whether the name is male or female.
                    Attached Files
                    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob:

In my case the first names are pretty clear on the sex of the person. So far no need to show that information in Family View. What is the code (HXXX or BXXX) that you have added to the names? Is this your own reference number?
                      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by gathompson56 View Post
                        Bob:

In my case the first names are pretty clear on the sex of the person. So far no need to show that information in Family View. What is the code (HXXX or BXXX) that you have added to the names? Is this your own reference number?
                        That is part of Reunion. Those are Soundex codes; display of those can be toggled on or off in Preferences. It is a phonetic filing system. More details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex. It can be useful in coming up with name variations.
                        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                        X