This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Project Question

This may not be the correct place to post this question but here goes!

My Web Project is approaching the limit of 4.7 GB that my DVD's will hold. I would like to know how others handle this. I know I can elect not to include some information but for me, that defeats the purpose of a Web Project, as I see it. I have not been able to find any disks that are larger so I would like to know what you folks may suggest.

Thanks in advance,
    Frank
    Frank Zwolinski
    Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
    MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Re: Web Project Question

Try using USB flash/thumb drives. More expensive than a DVD, but not outrageous.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
      This may not be the correct place to post this question but here goes!

My Web Project is approaching the limit of 4.7 GB that my DVD's will hold. I would like to know how others handle this. I know I can elect not to include some information but for me, that defeats the purpose of a Web Project, as I see it. I have not been able to find any disks that are larger so I would like to know what you folks may suggest.

Thanks in advance,
      Frank
      Macs since about 2006-7 have optical drives that will burn dual-layer DVDs. If you change to dual-layer DVD media, you can get up to 8.5 GB of storage on one disc.

Hope this helps.
      John Bastin
      jbastin1@me.com
      Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
      Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

Tim & John,
        Thank you both for the suggestions. My solution was the Dual Layer DVD (had never heard of them), although I was told that not all computers could open then. So, in those instances, I will use a flash drive.
        Thanks guys,
        Frank
        Frank Zwolinski
        Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
        MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Working...
        X