Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is "home",what happened to "notes", and help for Charts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is "home",what happened to "notes", and help for Charts?

1. HOME: On Reunion 9, I had my 6th great grandfather's family as my "home" file. when I opened the family file, that is the first thing I saw. If I was on some other family and wanted to go back, I just clicked on the little house (home) on the menu and went there immediately. I loved that capability, but I cannot find that option in R-10. Is it there?

2. NOTES: When I imported my files into R-10, all my (massive) note pages disappeared. How do I get them back?

3. CHARTS: I think I will like the new charts, but cannot find how to modify them, like changing the font, and changing what info is included in the boxes. Is there a video to help?.

Re: Where is "home",what happened to "notes", and help for Charts?

1. See "home" (without quotes) in the Reunion 10 Help pages for instructions on how to set this up. I am unclear why your home page wasn't transferred over from R9 to R10 but you can reset this yourself.

2. How did you import your family file(s) to R10? The easiest and best way is to open your R9 family file using the R10 application. R10 will convert and save the file for you.
    How do you know the notes are missing? Perhaps they are just not being displayed in the view you are using. To verify this, go to Edit Person for a person you are certain should have notes and select the notes tab. Are there notes visible? If so, then your problem is because your current Family View does not display notes. Try selecting another View. Or define a new view to include notes.
    On the other hand if notes do not show in the Edit Person window then indeed your import failed to include notes. Again, this is probably because you chose some other (non-standard) way to transfer from R9 to R10. Go back and open your R9 family file via the R10 application.

3. [I'm a low-intensity charts user so I will defer to others on this one.]
    Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by buffalo View Post
      3. CHARTS: I think I will like the new charts, but cannot find how to modify them, like changing the font, and changing what info is included in the boxes. Is there a video to help?.
      Are you referring to the Tree View? This is mostly just an enhanced version of Overview from Reunion 9 (greatly enhanced). This is pretty much what you see is what you get, except for the options at the bottom of the window.

Charts in Reunion 10 are for the most part identical to charts in Reunion 9, although there are a few enhancements such as options for box corners and box gradient fill.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Byron said: 2. The easiest and best way is to open your R9 family file using the R10 application. R10 will convert and save the file for you.
        ...go to Edit Person for a person you are certain should have notes and select the notes tab. Are there notes visible?
        Thanks for your reply Byron. I did open the R10 that way, and the notes are definitely gone. I tried rebuild Cache, no change. Guess I need to delete this family file R10, and start over.

PS -Deleting and creating a new family file worked and the notes have reappeared in the new file, and looks like "home" is again where it should be -- but I would like the icon back on the tool bar.

Now back to fighting with the charts -- gotta get it done tonight for a family reunion coming up.
        Last edited by buffalo; 11 September 2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalo View Post
          ... looks like "home" is again where it should be -- but I would like the icon back on the tool bar.
          There is a home icon in the center of the bar at the bottom of the R10 window.
          Howard Fink
          knowHow@mac.com

Comment

Working...
          X