This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative Chart

I would like to create a chart showing all my relatives. First I mark my relatives (after unmarking everyone). Then I create the chart. Why are my brother's children not on the chart?
    Terry

Re: Relative Chart

Check the status of the Prune options in that chart's parameters box. I always get the children and I have never checked that box. Yes, this is an assumption I'm making.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Am curious as to why you're marking people. Is it to leave out spouses? Knowing the parameters of the marking is probably the key to figuring out why your nieces/nephews are not included.
      Tim Lundin
      Heartland Family Graphics
      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

I was just playing with the Mark function. I unmarked everybody and got almost what I wanted. Her grandfather married twice and I got 3 boxes for him; one with him alone and two more with each of his wives.
        Terry

Comment

Still not sure about what happened with brother's children, but it sounds like going to that grandfather's family view and editing his marriages is in order.

One thing I like about charts is that they're so visual... some things you'd never notice otherwise pop out and hit you between the eyes.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
            Still not sure about what happened with brother's children, but it sounds like going to that grandfather's family view and editing his marriages is in order.

One thing I like about charts is that they're so visual... some things you'd never notice otherwise pop out and hit you between the eyes.
            Your are right Tim. Years ago before I got a Mac, I used FTM. They had something called "All in One" Chart. It was great for finding problems with my data files. When I get the problems with my granddaughters chart fixed, you will probably be seeing it. I want to give it to her for Christmas.
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X