X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of birth dates

Bonjour,

I am trying to make a list, per month, of all the birth dates of the live descendants of my great-grand-father. I did it some years ago with an older version of Reunion and I can't remember how I managed to make it.
    Could somebody help me ?

Many thanks
    Jean-Michel SAINT GIRONS, Paris, France

Re: List of birth dates

Originally posted by SAINT GIRONS View Post
    I am trying to make a list, per month, of all the birth dates of the live descendants of my great-grand-father.
    You could:
    [1] MARK all descendants of GG-Grandfather (selecting 'unmark everybody first')
    [2] FIND people whose DEATH DATE IS NOT (leave date blank), and in the resulting list, "Unmark Everybody in List".

The marked people should now be the people you want; you can print out a report ordered by birthrates.

You could refine this a bit more by also unmarking people who have death places entered, but it's probably not worth the trouble unless you have a lot of entries with death places but no death dates.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

List of birth dates

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      You could:
      [1] MARK all descendants of GG-Grandfather (selecting 'unmark everybody first')
      [2] FIND people whose DEATH DATE IS NOT (leave date blank), and in the resulting list, "Unmark Everybody in List".

The marked people should now be the people you want; you can print out a report ordered by birthrates.

You could refine this a bit more by also unmarking people who have death places entered, but it's probably not worth the trouble unless you have a lot of entries with death places but no death dates.
      Thank you Denis for your answer.

I did your points [1] and [2] all right, but I could not find out how you manage to print out a report ordered by birthrates. I went to reports and then what should I do ?

Many thanks for your help.

Jean-Michel Saint Girons (jmsaintgirons@gmail.com)
      Last edited by Deb; 27 December 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I did your points [1] and [2] all right, but I could not find out how you manage to print out a report ordered by birthrates. I went to reports and then what should I do ?
        Bonjour, Jean-Michel,

After you have finished [1] and [2], you could do this:

[3] Up at the top of the right sidebar panel is a pulldown menu. Select "Results" and then "Marked People". The people listed in the sidebar will change, and should now be all the marked people in the file, and no unmarked people.

[4] Down at the bottom of the right sidebar is a yellow-orange icon that looks like two rectangles. Click on it, and a list window will open. You can change what's listed there, but generally you will have Last name, First name, Birthdate, Deathdate. I can go into more detail about how to change this if you want, but I'll leave it out for now to keep this simple. At the bottom of this list window are four icons. THe second one is pink and looks like a bar graph; if you click on this you can sort the list by any of the categories at the top; you want to sort by "Birth Date".

[5] The fourth icon at the bottom of the list window is blue and is a rectangle with an arrow swooping out of it. If you click on this, you will see a pop-up that lets you export the report to your word processor.

And that should do the job. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Amicalement,
        Attached Files
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

I did your points [1] and [2] all right, but I could not find out how you manage to print out a report ordered by birthrates.
          Thinking about this further, I think what you want is the "Calendar" sidebar. First mark all the descendants of the couple you are interested in.

Then if you set the sidebar to "Calendar" and click the little brown gear
          icon at the bottom you can change the settings to:

Event: Birthday
          All months
          Marked people (#)
          Living only

Then to make it a report, you click the blue rectangular icon with the
          arrow and open it in your word processor.

You can also first open it in the list window to customize the output
          (yellow icon), then open it in your word processor (blue icon).

The sorting is a little strange (it sorts by full date, so 23 January
          1946 appears before 10 January 1950) but can be adjusted manually if you'd like.
          Dennis J. Cunniff
          Click here to email me

Comment

List of birth dates

Thinking about this further, I think what you want is the "Calendar" sidebar. First mark all the descendants of the couple you are interested in.

Then if you set the sidebar to "Calendar" and click the little brown gear
            icon at the bottom you can change the settings to:

Event: Birthday
            All months
            Marked people (#)
            Living only

Then to make it a report, you click the blue rectangular icon with the
            arrow and open it in your word processor.

You can also first open it in the list window to customize the output
            (yellow icon), then open it in your word processor (blue icon).

The sorting is a little strange (it sorts by full date, so 23 January
            1946 appears before 10 January 1950) but can be adjusted manually if you'd like.
            Once again, many thanks Dennis for your help. I can do now exactly what I wished.

All my best wishes for 2013.

Jean-Michel in Paris
            Last edited by Deb; 01 January 2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Thinking about this further, I think what you want is the "Calendar" sidebar. First mark all the descendants of the couple you are interested in....
              Many thanks for this, Dennis. Helped me do just what I wanted to. I think earlier versions had a report to do this, but now your suggestion is the way to go.

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X