This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move people between files

Is it possible to drag or copy and paste or something one person from one family file to another? I know I can do the export thing, but that's more like work!

Re: Move people between files

Originally posted by Philip Drugge View Post
    Is it possible to drag or copy and paste or something one person from one family file to another?
    No. However, it is possible to copy a specific event or fact from a person's record in one family file and paste it into that person's record in another family file. (I.e., open the Edit Person/Events panel and select Birth. Then, press Command-C to copy it. Next, open the other family file to the same place and press Command-V to paste it.)

Likewise, using the same keyboard shortcuts, it is possible to select text (just as you would in your word processor) within a field (i.e., a notes field) in one family file and copy it. Then, open the other family file to the same person/same field and paste it.

The alternative (the better alternative sometimes) is to mark the person in File A and use Reunion's Import Reunion Family File feature to import that marked person into File B. Then, link the imported person to the appropriate person (or people) in File B.

In any case, I hope you find this information helpful:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Or you could combine the files into one file.... Do a search here and you'll find lots of discussion on the subject of separate files vs. one big file....
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        No. However, it is possible to copy a specific event or fact from a person's record in one family file and paste it into that person's record in another family file. (I.e., open the Edit Person/Events panel and select Birth. Then, press Command-C to copy it. Next, open the other family file to the same place and press Command-V to paste it.)
        Generally, this works quite well, but make sure, that the source, which is used for the copied event/fact also exists and in the target-file.

Regards
        Reiner
        SauerRL@me.com • info@reunion-de.de
        Web: http://www.schevenhuette.com
        Web: http://www.reunion-de.de

Comment

Working...
        X