This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pasting styled text

I seem to have run into a bug. I'm running Reunion 10.0.2.

I copied the text from a familysearch.org SSDI listing, created a new note and pasted it in. I quickly realized this was a bad idea as the styled text was hard to edit as it had a mix of left and right-aligned text. I thus decided to paste as plain text. I deleted the text and used the 'Paste as Plain Text' menu option, but it still came out stlyed (although different) as if some styling was retained after I deleted the text. So I deleted the note, created a new one, and pastes as plain text again. Same problem. The text was even right-aligned even if I just typed into the new note, as it had kept that part of the styling as well.

I eventually closed the record and when I tried again it worked normally (i.e. the text was pasted as plain text). However, the fact that it did not do so without having to close the record and re-open it seems to indicate a bug.

While I'm at it, I might as well ask that Leister add the commonplace 'Paste and Match Style' menu option as well as the Plain Text option.

Re: Pasting styled text

Originally posted by philipt18 View Post
    I seem to have run into a bug. I'm running Reunion 10.0.2.

I copied the text from a familysearch.org SSDI listing, created a new note and pasted it in. I quickly realized this was a bad idea as the styled text was hard to edit as it had a mix of left and right-aligned text. I thus decided to paste as plain text. I deleted the text and used the 'Paste as Plain Text' menu option, but it still came out stlyed (although different) as if some styling was retained after I deleted the text. So I deleted the note, created a new one, and pastes as plain text again. Same problem. The text was even right-aligned even if I just typed into the new note, as it had kept that part of the styling as well.

I eventually closed the record and when I tried again it worked normally (i.e. the text was pasted as plain text). However, the fact that it did not do so without having to close the record and re-open it seems to indicate a bug.
    That isn't new; R9 has been doing it all along. But you did right: close the data entry field, re-open it and paste.

-Paul
    -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
    MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
    MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Working...
    X