This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart editing

I have created several descendant charts, adding pictures, etc. I would like to add a "text box" at the end of a several page chart. I did it on another created chart and it was successful, but I am not sure how I did it.

Do I "add a box" at the end of the chart from the last box? I insert my notes, etc. or whatever I want but that seems to make the previous boxes of that generation very large and off the page to match the new added box.

My charts are waterfall, trimmed by generation and then justified. I like the look. My first box in the chart is the largest, has more info and spans the page from left to right. Should I "add a new box" from that box and drag it to the bottom.

Please help. I am losing sleep over this and am staying up all night to create several charts in several large family files? Loretta

Re: Chart editing

If you're just trying to add notes to the chart, the best way would probably be to open the chart, and select Edit->Add Text->Caption, and paste your notes into the new text box. It'll be unconnected to the tree and thus will not affect the size of other boxes.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
    X